COVID-19 Updates from ECS
We will be posting updates on the COVID-19 situation on this page. Check back for more information.
Friday, March 13, 2020
Dear ECS Families,
Per Governor Hogan’s announcement on Thursday, March 12, we will be closed for two weeks, from Monday, March 16, through Friday, March 27, and will plan to re-open on Monday, March 30, barring further closing. This is in effort to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our communities. Please read the important announcements about this closing below:
- The school office will be closed during this time, but you may contact us at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also call the office or message the staff on Schoolworx if you have questions, but using the listed email address is the fastest way to receive a response.
- We will be sending out announcements regarding upcoming event changes via Schoolworx.
- It is imperative that parents check their Schoolworx accounts frequently for any updates that have been sent out.
- Students have been instructed to take their books home.
- Teachers will send out one week’s worth of work to their students by Tuesday, March 17, either in person or via Schoolworx. These assignments are for students to work through at home, and though they are not mandatory, they are strongly encouraged.
- The staff and faculty will continue to deep clean all common areas and classrooms.
- At this time, we have not yet been informed whether or not we will be required to make up these school days at the end of the year, but we will notify parents as soon as we have more information.
- I encourage you to treat this as a time for everyone to isolate themselves to prevent the spread of the virus, not as a vacation.
I would like to encourage everyone to make this a time to be aware of witnessing opportunities around us. Eternity is at the forefront of many people’s minds during times like these. I would also encourage parents to give students a biblical perspective of these events. It is encouraging to remember that the Lord is in control of everything!
Jake Messer, Principal